Thursday, March 08, 2012

08-03-2012


This evening I found myself enjoying a 3 course meal with wine in the exquisite  Hotel Des Indies on Lange Voorhout in the city. The surroundings are very much like one would expect a London Gentleman's Club to feel. The Hotel has an interesting history and was the place where Anna Pavlova died, it has had a string of high profile guests down the years.
The meal was an offer by the Dutch Dining Week where restaurants around the country offer 3 course meals for 27.50 Euro (drinks extra). I hadn't planned to attend however a few of the 10 people who had reserved places were unable to attend, and my diary for the evening was free!! I do also enjoy the fine dining in the city :-)
The meal was enjoyable and the company charming - so good of the ladies ( yup 9) to allow a token male to attend. It was certainly different from my hurried MacDonalds prior to watching The Help the evening before! Variety is the spice of life.

No comments:

A dear friend

It seems very apt to be writing this blog post in tribute to a dear, dear friend. The world has lost a true global educational  IT innovator...