Thursday, January 12, 2012

12-01-2012

I must say that I would not recommend  a viral throat infection to anyone following this week where I have been confined to my apartment almost all week trying to avoid speaking wherever possible ( even to myself!).

My big regret today was that I had been asked to say a few words on my boss's retirement this afternoon, this was a great honour which I was very much looking forward to, as with many plans this week it did not happen. 

I am glad that I made the effort to go out for our departmental meal last evening where we were able to surprise Ruth with her retirement gift from her immediate colleagues. I am also frustrated by not getting out to the cinema this week, as there are some great films around on my 'must see' list :
The Artist
Tinker, tailor, soldier, spy
Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol
The Iron Lady - great quote from Kermode and Mayo..... not as exciting as The Iron Man :-)
J Edgar

The Artist is first on my list once I am mobile again.... with no specific order for the rest.

No comments:

A dear friend

It seems very apt to be writing this blog post in tribute to a dear, dear friend. The world has lost a true global educational  IT innovator...