Thursday, April 22, 2010

Great news for a friend

Excellent news today for Allanah King a great friend from Appleby Primary School in New Zealand ( seen above on a visit to Cardiff in 2009). Allanah made the following Facebook announcement today:
Happy to announce that I have just won the position of ICT facilitator of Link Learning Cluster of 31+ schools starting next week (one day a week) but I am going to keep my day job- for this term at least- thereafter four days a week so I can still do exciting innovative stuff with my class. 2010-2012

Allanah is a 'world class' exponent on the use of Web 2.0 technologies seamlessly into education for kids, which bring excellent results.

Well Done AK :-)

1 comment:

Moturoa said...

Thank you Paul. You are very kind. I hope I haven't bitten off more than I can chew.

We are trying to break the mold and do something big. Those in high places are looking over our shoulders to see if we sink or swim!

By the sound of it I have a knowledgable and supportive governance group to help give me direction. 31+ schools will be an adventure!

A dear friend

It seems very apt to be writing this blog post in tribute to a dear, dear friend. The world has lost a true global educational  IT innovator...