Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wow what a long time Off-Line!!!

Isn't it strange the effect of returning to school after a long summer break. It has been so hectic getting used to working in a new team, with a new Year Group that it has taken this 'Old' Welsh Dragon over a week to get back to the life blood of blogging.
Not that I have been totally out of contact, I am taking part in a Skype based 'Speed Teaching' event on Thursday 13th September run in Dunedin by Jane Nicholls, I know that Allanah King from Nelson will also be taking part, I am really looking forward to talking to 'like minded' teachers again!
On Saturday 15th I have a Flashmeeting booked for any web 2.0 teachers to take part in, we hope to get Paul McMahon in on the conversation, Paul will be at the Web 2.0 Conference in Shanghai rather than his home in Hong Kong... the link is at FlashMeeting, the hope is that we extend the discussion to the use of Web 2.0 tools in the classroom.

In school we are about to re-enter the podcasting world, I have pairs of pupils trained and ready to roll, and I am about to introduce my Y6 pupils to Making the News the excellent on-line journalism/ newsreporting site run by E2BN

No comments:

A dear friend

It seems very apt to be writing this blog post in tribute to a dear, dear friend. The world has lost a true global educational  IT innovator...