Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Flixn
An interesting Web 2.0 tool Flixn which enables video to be recorded and directly embedded into a variety of blogs ( Yes Joe typepad included). It appears to offer a 5 minute recording which can then be viewed from your blog...



It seems very like the OU Flashplayer which offers a similar opportunity, I am not sure if there is a time limit on that. But for my kids 5 minutes of recording time would be enough. I will be checking tomorrow in school to see if the site is blocked ( we hope not!!). Thanks initially to Jane Nicholls and by association to Clay Burrell for that. Also to Chalkdust blog and by association back inevtably to Will Richardson for the initial post...

It is n't the only new tool available at present another one which I came across thanks to AK is Zentation which is a site where you can match a Google Video to a powerpoint slide set to produce a whole new idea of presentation. AK and I were looking at it as we cast around for a vehicle to present a double act for the K12 Online Conference in October !!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool.

I had never heard driag goch spoken before.

When I get my new computer with camera I will actually give it a go myself.

The black background made it look very professional.

I don't think I would go back to Second Life again without a guide. I just go round in circles and saw no-one!

Jane Nicholls said...

"Smile" That was what I was so excited about too Allanah, I always wondered how to pronounce the name of Paul's blog. Mmm, that gives me some more ideas of how Flixn could be used ...

A dear friend

It seems very apt to be writing this blog post in tribute to a dear, dear friend. The world has lost a true global educational  IT innovator...