Wednesday, September 24, 2008
The demise of Skypecasts
I see that from earlier this month (1st September) Skype has discontinued( or in their words - retired) its Skypecasts (beta) as again in their words 'the quality of what was produced didn't quite measure up to the high standards that they required of the service'. This will be a disappointment to those who used it to join in some excellent conversations over VOIP.
However I can understand their decision as the open nature of joining a skypecast could also lead to some less than brilliant examples of VOIP - Skypecasts could literally be gate-crashed by anyone registered with Skype, I remember from the first series of K12Online in 2006 that the 'When Night Falls 24 hour skypecast was on numerous occasions stopped in its tracks by strange interlopers!
I hope that Skype have an idea of how they want to replace the 'Wild West' that was Skypecast!!!
- ► 2010 (58)
- ► 2009 (84)
- The Gurkha Justice Campaign
- Dim Dim 4 - still a great user interface
- Diigo Tags 09/29/2008
- Paul's Virtual Worlds Diigo Tags
- Paul's mobile microblogging Diigo Tags
- The Jokaydian UnConference in Second Life
- Teachmeet 08 at the Scottish Learning Festival
- The demise of Skypecasts
- Periodic Table of Videos
- Diigo Tags 09/23/2008
- If you click the EdTech Roundup link above it will...
- Diigo Tags 09/22/2008
- Utterli ( nee Utterz)
- Using Flowgram
- A Video that speaks for itself
- Yammer - A micro-blog for your organisation
- Diigo Tags 09/21/2008
- Diigo Tags 09/20/2008
- Diigo Tags 09/19/2008
- Diigo Tags 09/18/2008
- Diigo Tags 09/17/2008
- Diigo Tags 09/15/2008
- Diigo Tags 09/08/2008
- ▼ September (23)
- ► 2007 (228)