Sunday, October 28, 2007

EdTechTalk UK Sunday 28th October 8.00GMT

Great to see that here in the UK, Doug Belshaw has taken the plunge in getting the UK involved in Webcasting - I know that this is late notice, but I only cuaght this today following a few days being involved in K12 Online 07 ...... well Mr B and team, I for one look forward to the discussion.

It sounds like John Johnston (Sandaig), David Noble (Booruch) and Kristian Still plus more will be there for edition 1 ( I will only be able to attend if my Sunday evening meal cooks very quickly!!!!)

EdTechTalk-style UK show

Posted By Doug Belshaw On 24th October 2007 @ 19:27 In Ideas | 5 Comments

[1] Ideas

Anyone who’s listened to [2] EdTechTalk, or indeed pretty much any of the shows on the [3] Worldbridges network, will know of the high-quality webcasting and podcasting that goes on there. However, those of us in the UK who listen to the show have to stay up past midnight if we want to listen live… :(

EdTechTalk UK has been mooted in the past, but hasn’t gained any traction due to the issue of time. It takes time to learn how to webcast, time to pull like-minded people together, and ultimately it takes time to record the shows. Last week I proposed via Twitter that a bunch of UK-based people get together to organise an EdTechTalk-style show. It won’t come under the Worldbridges umbrella, but I am very grateful to both Dave Cormier and Jeff Lebow for their quick and detailed and thoughtful responses to my questions. :)

What’s involved in being a co-host?

  • Using [4] Skype to join in discussions about weekly/monthly goings-on in the edublogosphere
  • Contributing to a conversation that will last between 30 minutes to 1 hour
  • Joining in with planning/maintenance activities (e.g. brainstorming, wiki editing, uploading and linking to MP3 files, etc.)

I’m interested! What should I do?

I’ve already been contacted by [5] David Noble, [6] Kristian Still, [7] John Johnston, and a few others (sorry if I’ve forgotten you!) If you think you may want to take part, express your interest in the comments section below and then join us at 8pm GMT on Sunday 28th October 2007 (remember the clocks go back on Saturday night!) :D

No comments:

A dear friend

It seems very apt to be writing this blog post in tribute to a dear, dear friend. The world has lost a true global educational  IT innovator...