I have been blog tagged!!! by Chris Harbeck a Skype friend from Canada while I was not looking - gee thanks Chris!!. I have read a few of these by others and see that I am supposed to come up with 5 things that people may not know about me from my online presence so here goes...
1. I became a grandfather for the first time this year on the 17th January when my middle daughter Emily (18) gave birth to grandaughter Abigail on 17th January
Yes she is as wicked and as wonderful as she looks, and we have just celebrated her 1st Christmas, I won't need to tell any parents out there what this was like - enough said.
2. As I scarily approach the age of 50 next year, I find myself and my family deeply involved with life in our local town of Abergavenny. I still play field hockey regularly as captain of our 2nd XI side (currently 3rd in South Wales Division 3), I combine this with being club Chairman and Youth Co-ordinator( at my age I should know better!!!). The rest of my family wife and 3 daughters are heavily involved in local Amateur Dramatics ( of the musical type).
Mrs H and Daughters Sian (20) and Laura (16)
3. I long to own an MG sportscar again, I had to give up my previous Black 1979 MGB Roadster 5 years ago when we converted my garage into a bedroom for one of the daughters!!! - and I can't wait to have another one ( sad old ***!)
4. I enjoy cooking, nothing to ambitious but I cook our evening meals most days and could be found in the kitchen amongst the sprouts, carrots, potatoes et al during Christmas morning ( who said men can't multi task).
5. I have one big regret, that I haven't travelled around the world more - I am trying to make up for this now by making links with fellow teachers around the world. It is great to get responses from fellow education professionals from around the globe - it nearly makes up for not travelling ( though at present I am very keen to try to get to New Zealand in February for the TUANZ conference - where Shery Nussbaum-Beach will be giving the keynote and my podcast chum Allanah King from Nelson will also be presenting - sadly I am only lowly Welsh primary teacher and money doesn't grow on trees!!!) I also apologise to my aunt and uncle in Australia for being the only members of the family not to have visited them yet!!!
I hope that this gives an insight into my world.
Not wishing to be 'it' I now tag Joe Dale http://joedale.typepad.com/integrating_ict_into_the_/ , Allanah King http://www.moturoa.blogspot.com/ , Terry Freedman http://www.terry-freedman.org.uk/index.php , Joe Papaleo http://papajo.edublogs.org/
- ► 2010 (58)
- ► 2009 (84)
- ► 2008 (100)
- ► 2007 (228)
- ** Well Done to Cefn Fforest Year 6 News Team ** ...
- I have been blog tagged!!! by Chris Harbeck a Skyp...
- ** SCHOOL'S OUT** Finally after what appeared to h...
- Friday 8th December - photographer from the TES a...
- Interest in the educationl use of Skype has come t...
- Skype Chat to Podcast Following a skype chat over...
- Well, well what's this then. It looks very much as...
- ▼ December (7)